Wednesday, January 30, 2013

About Me


Hi, I’m Kylee.  I’m a UW-Whitewater student graduating this May with a BFA in Theatre Management and Promotions and a Dance minor.  I’m a transfer student from UW-Milwaukee, where I majored in Theatre and Business.  Due to a change in major, I found UW-Whitewater and it was the best move I’ve made thus far in my college career.  After graduation I am moving to the Kenosha area where I will be pursuing a job in event management. 

I was born and raised in Janesville, Wisconsin, which is not too far from school, and I am the middle child in a house of three girls.  Theatre has been my passion from very early on.  In the past I have performed on stage in over a dozen productions, choreographed two musicals, and designed hair and make up for a community play.  Now my role in the theatre has changed, I am the publicity assistant to UW-Whitewater’s Theatre/Dance Department where I create all the marketing and promotional material for the productions. 

When I’m not busy with my major, I am working on my Dance minor.  Dancing is my second passion in life and I have been doing it for almost as long as theatre.  I have participated in many concerts, including DanceScapes at UW-Whitewater.  The program is small (yet growing) and all of the dancers have become my closest friends and family. 

In my free time, I enjoy playing with my newly adopted puppy, Gordon, and hanging out with my friends and family.  Also, I enjoy both water and downhill skiing.  A little embarrassing hobby I have just recently picked up is crocheting – I really enjoy trying new things! That’s my life condensed into four paragraphs!

No comments:

Post a Comment